The concept of pressure ulcers
1. Pressure sores, also known as pressure ulcers, commonly known as bedsores. It refers to the necrosis and ulcers formed by ischemia and hypoxia of the skin and local tissues caused by different degrees of pressure or shearing force.
2. Causes of formation
Pressure Factors 1) Vertical Pressure (2) Friction (3) Shear
Skin irritated by moisture or excrement
3. Predisposing sites for pressure ulcers
Pressure sores tend to form where skin covers areas of bone, such as:
back of head
4. International NPUAP/EPUAP pressure ulcer classification system
Class/Stage I: erythema that does not whiten on acupressure
Class/Stage II: Partial Cortical Loss
Class/Stage IV: Full-thickness tissue loss
How to care for pressure ulcers
Stage I or II sores usually heal with careful care. Stage III and IV ulcers are more difficult to treat and can take a long time to heal. Here’s how to care for pressure ulcers at home.
Use special pillows, foam pads or mattresses to reduce pressure. Some pads are filled with water or air to help support and cushion the area. Which type of cushion you use depends on your wound and whether you are in bed or in a wheelchair.
Change locations frequently. If you are in a wheelchair, try changing your position every 15 minutes. If you are in bed, you should move about every 2 hours. For people who must stay in bed, a hospital bed with a suitable mattress is safer and more comfortable than a traditional mattress.
Hospital mattress manufacturers use different materials in their products. These materials are similar to those found in traditional mattresses and include:
Hospital mattresses also need to be waterproof, antimicrobial and easy to clean. These features ensure that the mattress meets medical-grade hygiene standards.
An alternating air mattress is a special type of medical air mattress that contains air cells that are constantly inflated and deflated to relieve pressure points and promote better circulation.
List of best hospital bed mattresses
This product is suitable for hospital beds. People who suffer from bed sores or who are at risk for bed sores due to increased bed time may benefit from this top pad.
The manufacturer equips the cushion with 130 individually sealed air cells to provide durable support that can withstand up to 300 lbs.
A variable pressure pump that controls the pressure inside the bubble cycles through different pressure levels to:
Evenly distribute people’s weight
increase blood circulation
reduce physical stress
Prevent skin breakage
Relieve the pain of bedsores
-Medical Grade PVC: The mattress is made of medical grade PVC with an extremely quiet latest generation compressor and alternating pressure inflation system
– Buckle design: each airbag can be freely disassembled, can be extracted and replaced individually
– Circulating gas: Rotary ventilation to circulate the air naturally. Air cushion cycle fluctuation principle, the air bar is inflated alternately, alternately every 12 minutes, can replace artificial turn. Massaging the body is equivalent to turning over.
-Seamless design: embedded connector, good sealing and long service life.
Medical air mattress is our hot-selling product, let me know if you are interested. Sample test is welcome. Senyang medical wish you health and joy.