What is pressure ulcer / bedsore / decubitus ulcer ?
Bedsores — also called pressure ulcers and decubitus ulcers — are injuries to skin and underlying tissue resulting from prolonged pressure on the skin.
Bedsores most often develop on skin that covers bony areas of the body, such as the heels, ankles, hips and tailbone.
People most at risk of bedsores are those with a medical condition that limits their ability to change positions or those who spend most of their time in a bed or chair.
Bedsores can develop quickly. Most sores heal with treatment, but some never heal completely. You can take steps to help prevent bedsores and aid healing.
For many wheelchair users, they find that they spend a long time in wheelchairs all day. This usually leads to a range of problems, including pain and discomfort. Factors such as excessive stress and poor sitting posture can increase the risk of stress-related injuries, leading to painful pressure sores.
Solving this problem will come from acquiring a wheelchair cushion.
The air cushion provides the best decompression performance. They are especially suitable for users with delicate skin and medium to high pressure injury risk.
Best Wheelchair Cushions for Pressure Relief and Comfort.
1. C03+P08 Alternating Pressure Wheelchair Air Cushions with Pump
The durable cushion for wheelchairs is all about helping you have the freedom to function. It can keep you mobile if you are dealing with pressure sores, helping to heal wounds and prevent new ones from forming while you use your wheelchair. The alternating air pressure cycle of the cushion can be adjusted to give your body just the care it needs. Its one-piece air cell pad is made up of 4 air cells for the air to cycle through and a foam insert supports the thigh area for an extra bit of comfort. It has a weight setting function for making intuitive adjustments and is able to accommodate up to 264 lbs. The two-way polyester stretch over has a non-slip base and is made for comfort while being removable to make cleaning it a snap. This durable medical equipment is vapor permeable for breathability, water resistant so it won’t get ruined by spills, and fire retardant as an extra safety measure.
Adapt power supply: AC100-240Vac 50/60Hz
Fully charged power: use 8 hours
Cycle time: 12 mins
Pump size: 275*140*95mm
Pressure range(mmHg): 20 (low),40(medium),60 (high)
Air output: 6-7 L/min
Static: 10,20 mins
Net weight: 1.8KG
· ADVANCED PRESSURE RELIEF CUSHION SYSTEM: Feel free to breathe again, you’re about to get the relief you need. This pneumatic seat cushion uses a consistent cycle of alternating low air pressure that flows through the cushion’s air cells. The alternating pressure gives each area some time to be relieved or the pad can be used in static mode for a constant cushioning effect.
· HELP FOR PRESSURE SORES: Painful pressure sores can really put a crimp in your daily function, maybe even keeping you confined to your bed. A soft medical wheelchair gel cushion can help give you some freedom. Now you can spend time in your wheelchair—indoors or outdoors—free from the pain of pressure sores or without fear of making them worse.
· CAN BE USED WITH VARIOUS MOBILE DEVICES: The mobi-seat wheelchair cushion works great for almost any wheelchair or geri-chairs. The comfy cushion not only fits most chairs, it’s also easily portable. The cushion is designed so that you can take it on the go while the pump has its own carrying case to make transporting it as easy as possible.
· ADJUSTABLE FOR MAXIMIZING COMFORT: Your body has its own particular needs which is why this advanced wheelchair pad has pressure sensor technology for intuitive control. It also has a touchpad with setting controls that will give you visual and audible operating status and fault indicator. It even has a mute button to let you control what is heard and when.
· CONVENIENT RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: While this super comfortable wheelchair seat cushion can be plugged into a wall outlet while you’re at home, it also has a rechargeable lithium battery for use on the go. You’ll get up to 12 hours of use in a single charge and the battery monitor will tell you when the device is charging, fully charged, or low on power—eliminating any guesswork or worries.
2.DC005 Wheelchair Air Cushions
Seat Cushion adopts skin-friendly, non-sensitive, healthy and medical grade PVC material, with manual pump inflatable design, cushion is widely used in car, chair / wheelchair / disable chair suitable for all kinds of chairs, for massage / anti-bedsore function, just twist the valve, open the inlet nozzle, and inflate the cushion, it’s easy to operate and convenient for different groups of people.
FRESH AND DRY: Our design maximizes air circulation, when one cell is compressed the air flows to other cells around it. Therefore reducing heat transfer and that uncomfortable office chair feeling, all whilst supporting your posture; preventing sedentary sweating and supporting your delicates delicately.
LONG LASTING COMFORT: Specially designed to provide extra support for your hip and back with 25 plump 3D air cells covered with breathable Lycra fabric. This cushion provides excellent lumbar support which can help to disperse pressure from sitting up to 30% which is proven to reduce aches and pains.
VERSATILE: Support up to 300 lbs with this inflatable seat cushion wherever you need it. Got a long journey ahead? We got you covered! Deadline at the office? No problem! Working on that thesis? Take a seat on this! Maximize your productivity and comfort.
ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Compared to foam support cushions, SUNFICON’s Inflatable Seat Cushion is durable and adjustable. It’s easy to reach your desired inflation level, 70%, 80% or even fully pumped, it’s your comfort and your choice. With hassle free storage and portability, your posture will thank you for your purchase.
MADE TO LAST: Now for the science part, our high resilience chair pad is covered with an anti-bacterial Lycra fabric that is hard wearing and easily washable. The non-slip silica gel grip keeps your cushion where you want it to be. To top things off the air pockets are made from eco-friendly TPU materials.
3.DC501 Inflatable Wheelchair Air Cushions
Here is new manual air cushion. This cushion is very helpful for those who need to seat a long time.
From the material, it is different from the ordinary sponge cushion, This new cushion has no filler, and the only filler is air. From the shape, the new design of mosaic shape is more conducive to reducing pressure and thus more conducive to prevent decubitus.
What are the benefits of this new change?
1.Easy to carry and foldable.
2.Can apply to different fields, like the medial field, office field, etc.
3.In terms of functionality, the bubble will adjust the bubble pressure with the change of sitting posture, which has a better decompression effect for people who need to sit for a long time.
Bouncy, Snowflakes shape with good massage function.
Balance hip force, reduce bedsore formation rate.
Automatically adjust posture to relieve spinal pressure.
Enhance hip blood circulation, increase hip and air contact area, help pressure sore recovery.
HOW TO USE AIR CELL CUSHION ?
1.Twist valve counter-clock wise to open.
2.Attach silicone hose of pump to valve. Over inflate the cushion with pump slightly.
3.Twist valve colse.
4.Place on the cushion, insert the hand under thebuttocks at the boniest point. Open the valve slowly and begin to release air.
5.Close the valve when there is at least fingertipsdistance, between buttocks and the cushion.The cushion will be then properly inflated for that person.
HOW TO CARE IT?
Regularly remove the seat cover to wash. 2.Avoid exposure under the sun. 3.Do not allow water or detergents to enter the cushion. 4.Do not use caustic, automatic dishwasher detergents. 5.Do not use cleaning products containing petroleum or organic solvents such as acetone, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone,naphtha, dry cleaning fluids or adhesive removers.
We back our products 100% for life, and you are free to return this product at any time with no questions asked! Please feel free to contact us if you have any question.we’ll reply you in 24 hours,just check the email in time.